Bridging the Inpatient Process (B.I.P.):
Building Bridges to Home and Community Care
The BIP Program introduces a new and improved discharge process for Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care patients and their caregivers.
BIP promotes successful living in the community after being discharged from the hospital in several ways:
- Improved knowledge of the skills and tools needed to manage chronic diseases
- Better access to community support services
- Stronger relationships between patients and their caregivers
- Enhanced connections to Health Home care management services
- Reduced caregiver stress through caregiver empowerment
- Establishment of a Caregiver Network
Whether you’re a patient or a caregiver, we’re here to help you build strong bridges between home and the community.
To learn more, call us at (716) 278-4505 or call/text the BIP Hotline at (716) 940-8840.