A New York State designated stroke center
Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center is a New York State designated stroke center - the first in Niagara to earn that distinction.
Led by medical director and board certified neurologist Nyathappa Anand, M.D., we offer a full continuum of expert care and support for stroke patients and their families.
From our ER1 Emergency Department to our private inpatient hospital rooms to the modern rehabilitation unit in our attached Schoellkopf Health Center, our Stroke Team has the specialized training and experience needed to deliver high-quality care right here in Niagara.
Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center has received the Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for the treatment of stroke patients.
Memorial is a partner with the Stroke Care Center at the Gates Vascular Institute.
Stroke signs and symptoms
Call 911 and seek immediate medical attention if you or someone you're with exhibits one or more of these warning signs:
- Sudden numbness or weakness in face, arm or leg - especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause