Labor and Delivery
There are many reasons why some 700 women a year deliver their babies in Memorial Medical Center's Mary C. Dyster Women's Pavilion.
- Our beautifully decorated suites offer private homelike, accommodations for labor, delivery and recovery all in one room. Each private room has a shower, rocking chair, sleep chair, bassinet and flat screen TV as well as advanced monitoring systems for mom and baby.
- Rooming in with Mom is encouraged whenever possible to enhance bonding and to give parents a chance to become comfortable caring for their newborns.
- Registered nurses on our maternity floor are specially trained to care for moms and babies before and after delivery and are certified in neonatal resuscitation procedures.
- Our expanded nursery is fully equipped to provide care for both well babies and babies who need extra medical attention.
- Our comprehensive lactation program includes breastfeeding classes, individual breastfeeding assistance during your childbirth stay and follow-up consultation after you return home. And, LaLeche League breastfeeding support group meetings are held here monthly.
For more information about having your baby at the New Memorial or to request a tour of our Labor & Delivery floor, call Women's Services Director Vicki Smith, MS, RN, WHNP-BC, EFM-C at (716) 278-4123.