Gynecological surgery is surgery on the female reproductive system and includes procedures for benign conditions, cancer, infertility and incontinence.
Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
A medical breakthrough in the operating room is making surgery much less invasive for women. More doctors are using minimally invasive da Vinci surgery, also called robotic assisted surgery, for women with gynecological problems
- Stereotactic breast biopsies-is a procedure that uses mammography to precisely identify and biopsy an abnormality within the breast. (this procedure is done through our surgical department)
- Endometriosis-occurs when tissue that acts a lot like the lining of your uterus—called endometrium—starts growing outside of your uterus, where it doesn't belong.
A laparoscopy is a minimally invasive surgery that can be used to diagnose endometriosis and remove lesions, which can relieve endometriosis pain. If you are considering a laparoscopy, ask your doctor about the different methods, including:
- Ablation – a procedure that destroys (ablates) the surface of endometriosis lesions
- Excision – a procedure that cuts out (excises) endometriosis lesions
- Hysterectomy-is an operation to remove a woman's uterus.