Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
Weight loss is just part of the story.
Health benefits of bariatric procedures begin almost immediately after surgery and continue over time. Although individual results will vary, bariatric surgery is known to be an effective and long lasting treatment for morbid obesity and many related conditions. Mounting evidence also suggests it may be among the most effective treatments for metabolic diseases and conditions.
- Significant, sustained weight loss: Most patients lose weight rapidly and continue to do so until 18 to 24 months after the surgery
- Control type 2 diabetes, with some individuals actually seeing a complete remission of their diabetes
- Lower cholesterol
- Lower blood pressure
- Less sleep apnea (interrupted breathing during sleep)
- Reduced joint pain; better mobility
- Less heartburn (acid reflux)
- Improved mood and self-esteem
- More energy
- Longer life
Before and After Photos
Learn more about weight loss options
We serve patients in the Buffalo, NY and Niagara County area. If you think you may be a candidate for bariatric weight loss surgery, call Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center at (716) 278-4000.