Comprehensive Sports Medicine Program
This comprehensive sports medicine program is a partnership between Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center and UBMD Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in Niagara. The goal of our program is to provide injury prevention, injury recognition and injury rehabilitation to enhance the student athlete’s performance.
Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center provides:
- Athletic training services to local high schools, colleges, local tournaments and other events/organizations.
- Physical therapy, including sports specific rehabilitation from physical therapists and certified athletic trainers at the Summit Healthplex outpatient rehab center, (716)298-5903.
- A 24/7 sports medicine hotline, (716)803-5943 for contact with the Director of sports medicine/Summit Rehab Manager.
- UBMD Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in Niagara Concussion clinic for baseline testing, concussion management and a safe return to play, (716)304-6585.
- NYS First Aid and American Heart Association Heartsaver AED training for coaches at NCCC.
- Sports Medicine physician access: Direct access to Dr. Scott Darling and Dr. William Wind from UBMD Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine for immediate consultation at the Summit Healthplex, (716)304-6585.
- The Competitive EDGE Sports Performance Program, (716)215-0723.
- UB Orthocare in Niagara at the Summit Healthplex in Wheatfield for Orthopaedic and concussion Urgent Care. Call 716-204-3200.
For more information regarding our comprehensive sports medicine program, please contact Tony Surace, M.Ed., ATC at (716)803-5943.