Pharmacy Rotations & Electives
During the orientation period, pharmacy residents will meet with the program director and coordinator to develop a customized plan and schedule of rotations for the year.
Residency experiences are a combination of rotational, longitudinal, and annual experiences. Each resident will participate in the development of his or her residency plan. It is expected that the resident completes a longitudinal project, presenting a poster at ASHP MCM and platform presentation at the NYSCHP Annual Assembly.
Requirements and options are listed below.
- 1 month of orientation/inpatient training
- Family Medicine – inpatient with DO residents/physicians (every other month)
- Outpatient Family Medicine at Summit Healthplex
- Practice Management – Niagara Falls Memorial (NFMMC)
- Emergency Medicine – NFMMC/ER1 Emergency Department
Electives – 3 modules
- Infectious Diseases – NFMMC
- International Medicine – NFMMC/DYC, Ecuador, etc.
- Geriatrics – Brothers of Mercy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Internal Medicine - Buffalo General Medical Center
- Psychiatric – NFMMC, Buffalo Psychiatric Center
- Toxicology – Strong Memorial Hospital
- Oncology – Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Ambulatory Care – Summit Family Medicine Suite 200
- Drug Information, Pharmacy & Therapeutics
- Medication Reconciliation/Medication Safety
- Research Project
- Staffing Requirements (every 3rd weekend plus 1 evening/week, “training” in July, and on-call pager services)