Family Medicine Faculty & Staff
The Osteopathic Family Medicine Residency Program at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center has a proud tradition of high-quality, post-graduate medical education that dates back to mid-1970s.
The founder of the original (allopathic) Family Practice Residency Program, Dr. Melvin B. Dyster, remains active as a faculty member and preceptor.
Our faculty includes:
Jeffrey O. Burnett, D.O.
- Board certified primary care physician
- Graduate of Canisius College and the University of New England School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Clinical assistant professor at the State University of New York at Buffalo
- In private practice since 2003, on staff at Lifetime Urgent Care since 2004
- 2011 University at Buffalo Family Medicine Preceptor of the Year
Melvin B. Dyster, M.D.
- Board certified in Family Practice
- Graduate of the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine
- Private Practice, 1954-present
- Founder and Director of Memorial's Family Practice Residency Program, 1976-1994, 2003-2005
- Director Emeritus, 1994-2003, 2005-present
- Chief, Department of Family Practice, 1975-2000, 2005-present
- Medical Director Mount St. Mary's Nursing Home, 1969-2003
- Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University at New York at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Don McLean, M.S., M.A.
Director of Behavioral Science
Karen Walck, CST, BS